Sunday, March 29, 2009

Field Experience Observation (1)

March 17, 2009

Today I did my first observation for my field experience. I was observing at an American school in Romania. Like many of the buildings in Romania, the outside of the school was not too impressive, but the inside made up for it. The hallways were filled with brightly colored pictures created by the students as well as pictures from last year’s “Spirit Week.” I taught at this school for two years, but we were in a different building on the other side of town, so I was excited to see the new building and students. I had scheduled to spend two full days with the second grade class before visiting the other classes. There were 12 students in the class and a very nice sign welcoming me to their class. They had even set a space up for me to sit, complete with flowers. I was impressed with the amount of information the teacher the teacher covered with the students NOT sitting in their desks. Their spelling words, the math review, and even part of the language lesson were all done through games or physical activity. The students were very well-behaved and transitioned well from moving around and playing to sitting down and working. As the students finished their math work they took the paper to the teacher who checked over it and sent them back to correct any problems they missed and helped anyone who was struggling. I look forward to going back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment